"I was about 7 and on holiday in Majorca. Being excited, I woke up early to a normal
morning, however it had a shocking end.
7 years ago I went to Majorca with my mam, dad, and sister. The first day was great.
We arrived at the apartment from a two and a half hour plane journey in the cramped
economy seats of the cheapest flight from Newcastle to Majorca. After a good stretch
we started off exploring the island; the beaches, the water parks, the pool and
especially the nightlife. The sun was baking hot.
Following a late night at the pubs with my family I was exhausted. However I woke up
early. Within 10 minutes I was up and ready to go in the pool. For me that’s what
holidays are about, however my family don't agree. According to my mam, holidays are
for relaxing and must include getting up late, how boring?!
I tried to amuse myself for one whole tortuous hour but I really couldn't!
I had to wake my family up, however reluctant they were. But there still was a problem.
Before we could go to the pool my mam had to wash her hair, put sun cream on, get
changed, get lunch ready, pack bags, it took at least another three quarters of an hour!
In the end I just had to help, just to get out of the apartment. I went to tidy up the hair
dryer. But when I had tried to unplug it from the adapter and the foreign mains socket, I
got 13 volts up my arm. At first I was in shock until my Mam came over. 10 seconds
later I realized what had happened and my mind restarted to click. Whilst my mam
reassured me and asked if I was alright I unplugged the hairdryer and started to walk
out of the door with my swimming bag in my hand."