5322
views

Sweet Child Of Mine

Duration: 2:15 minutes
Accession No: TWCMS : 2009.193
This story has been viewed 5322 times

Summary
Claire's story is about her experiences growing up and what her life has been like so far.

By Claire Tindale

Sign up to the Culture Shock podcast

Find us on Facebook Follow us on twitter

You need Adobe Flash installed to watch this movie.
Get Adobe Flash

Video transcript

Never protected, constantly neglected, Running around getting into fights, smashing up all the street lights. All because they ignored my rights. Yes at one point in my life, that was me. It was a cry, a cry to be set free, Not a cue to be told to die. Was my dad really mad? Was it the subtle drugs he was taking or the suspicious cookies he was baking? My needs neglected, my safety unprotected, Was my right taken away? I think it was. Sitting all alone in the pouring down rain, Dreading the thought of travelling back home, And sitting on my bed all alone. My aching heart, my family torn apart, The abuse, the shouts, constant abuse, clouts, I had it all, Was my right to be left alone removed? I believe it was. All I wanted was to fall, to run away and make him pay, Was I imprisoned in the place in which I was christened? Was my right not to live with my dad taken away due to the constant mental abuse, and his subtle drug use and the fact that he had gone mad? I think it was. But yet they tried to force me to stay. Was my right to make my own decisions taken away? I believe that yes, it was. I think back to the day, the look of pure guilt when as she knew the relationship could not be built. She lied and because of that worker I nearly died. Was my right to the truth taken away that day? I believe it was. She made me suffer, she made me pay. She made sure that all my rights were taken away. I was more than neglected that day I was definitely unprotected that day I was a child, left homeless by the worker on a step surrounding by bags and, may I remind you, without any fags Was my right to safety removed? I think it was. I had nowhere to live and nothing to give. I lay in that hospital bed hoping that next time I would be dead. Was my right to live my life taken away? I believe and know yes, it was. Was my right to have my say taken away? Were all of my rights taken away? Was my right to have my rights taken away? I would have to argue, yes, they were.

What a brave story. And a very creative, talented person.Posted on 29/10/2009 at 06:46:00

Absolutely brilliant words and so brave to share this story. Well done Claire!Posted on 02/11/2009 at 01:26:33

very good storytelling, very engaging, very well done. you should be proud.Posted on 06/11/2009 at 03:06:29

You have a real talent with words. You have done a positive thing in telling your story. A remarkable young woman.Posted on 10/11/2009 at 07:41:13

great storytelling, i hope you write more. Posted on 12/11/2009 at 11:14:24

this nearly made me cry.Posted on 13/11/2009 at 09:40:53

what a story. made me think....Posted on 10/02/2010 at 12:20:22

ipod will be goodPosted on 28/08/2010 at 10:27:07

Stay with this guys, you're helping a lot of poelpe.Posted on 19/09/2011 at 06:35:53

Gee whiz, and I touhght this would be hard to find out.Posted on 19/09/2011 at 04:16:04

Wait, I caonnt fathom it being so straightforward.Posted on 19/09/2011 at 08:41:35

Me and this atcirle, sitting in a tree, L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G!Posted on 22/09/2011 at 01:29:00

Woot, I will cretaliny put this to good use!Posted on 22/09/2011 at 08:08:37

cupcake8million Posted on congrats- your linvig my dream since you won't see your family/ friends for a long tie you could go cheesy- wish you were here or on the trail again or Where in the world is (your name)? Best of luck!Posted on 05/10/2012 at 03:15:38

Reading posts like this make surfing such a palesurePosted on 05/10/2012 at 10:51:50

I found myself nodding my noggin all the way thgruoh.Posted on 05/10/2012 at 11:11:20

i am back to say that i LOVE the mustache pic at the end. (HAHA, john! good thing i ageerd to the chinese buffet as a compromise!) i especially love the backlighting in it. also, i love not-so-hidden message i'm giving in the picture above the one of me and john alone (totally flippin' the bird, hahaha). i am so so so so happy with all of these, marie. thanks again.Posted on 07/10/2012 at 03:49:03

Avoiding autoresponders reynlipg back etc add the following headers to your message:Precedence: bulkAuto-Submitted: auto-generatedX-Auto-Response-Suppress: AllSome systems just won't care about any of them, and there is nothing you can do about that other than some pattern-matching engine, but the above headers will prevent replies from many systems, including MS Exchange systems, and any RFC3834-observant system.Posted on 07/10/2012 at 05:01:32

welcome to use yahoo email and please don't reply to this aesddrs.I think the term no-reply implies dude, there is a better email aesddrs to talk t us' other than we never want to hear back from you!' Nevertheless you are right, if there is a better aesddrs to let us send emai reply to, then they should probably provide it instead of mute all recipients with no-reply.Posted on 07/10/2012 at 05:05:35

Persona 3/4 are really great (Its alot like final fastany I.E. you dont need to play 1/2 they each are stand alone) the full game name is Shin Megami Tensia: Persona Disgaea 1/2 a tactical rpg like Final fastany tactics 20+ hours of play each ending multiple endings laced with humor and action and well quite a bit more humor.MMM I would honestly advise getting something from Shin Megami Tensia there are multiple seriesDevil Summoner 1 2 (They follow a story) 1is kinda tricky to find depending on where you livePersona 1 2(Ps1 hard as hell to find) 3 4 Easy to find great gamesDigital Devil Saga 1 2 (Often sold as one) Medium to find once again depending on where you liveShin Megami Tensai 1 2 (Ps1 and b4 Dont even bother) and 3(Quite difficult to find but an amazing rpg game) Tbh if you haven't played any of the Shin Megami games or Disgaea theres no point calling your self an Jrpg fan, Final Fantasy and kingdom hearts is more known here in the states but honestly not playing some of these games is like not playing FF7 and FF10Oh and I also forgot about these there well also kind of tricky to find .Hack 1-4 and .Hack2 1-3 both great series first one is old and hard to find took me 6 months of calling up 6-7 games stores near me every week asking about used copies and I have heard that .hack2 is well not so bad to getJust make sure your parent dont decide to mix and match em Wouldnt be 2 fun getting .hack 1 4 and .hack2 2 3 hehe this is a series that plays out alot like KH with its battle system Each disk is about 20ish hours long with the last one normally being 30-40 7 disks all togetherOMG shit keeps coming to me Star Ocean till the end of time is another great games I would advise looking atHonestly I dont really feel like writing up these synopsis so ill link you to wikipediasPosted on 17/03/2013 at 12:11:28